MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend Shopping List

With sales tax exempt on many items, a thousand people will be heading to Tennessee stores this weekend. I'm not going anywhere near a mall, but I'll probably make an early morning stop at Wal-Mart to pick up some family staples. One reminder to shoppers - don't buy something just because it's tax free! Make sure you're really getting a good deal by using your usual shopping tricks of sales, discount stores and coupons. Here's my potential shopping list:
  • Diapers (I was excited to hear this one!)
  • Packing Tape (for consignment sales, family shipping and amazon book sales)
  • Scotch tape (think Christmas!)
  • Sidewalk chalk and construction paper (kid's crafts)
  • Sandals for me & the kids for next year
  • Swimsuits for husband & the kids for next year
  • Tights & pantyhose
  • Christmas gifts (art supplies, clothes...)
Things I WISH were tax-exempt, but are not: computer printer paper and ink

Can you believe these things are covered? Wedding dresses, prom dresses, lingerie, and tuxedos (Though if you have to dress up for a Christmas party, you might find a good deal!)

Find a more complete listing of tax-exempt items in my blog from last week. For even more information visit Tennessee's tax information page.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great time for me to buy all those baby gifts for friends and family!

SMC

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home