MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007


Cold Weather Family Outings in Nashville


Prompted by 3 mommy friends who have just moved to Nashville, I thought I would share some my family's favotite cold weather outings. I hope you'll add some of your favorites!


Christ Church indoor playground on Old Hickory Blvd
Chuck E. Cheese
Fundom Kids!

Marionette shows at downtown library
Model Train display- 100 Oaks Mall
Nashville Zoo (reptile house is indoors)
Opryland Hotel
Play area at Bellevue or hickory hollow Mall
Pottery Barn Kids play areas
Storytimes at libraries, Wild Oats, Davis Kidd Bookstore
Swim in the indoor pool at the YMCA
Toss coins into the fountain at Green Hills Mall
Thomas the Train sets at Davis Kidd, Concord Library and Borders Bookstore
Train Up a Child- 4 decked out Thomas the Train tables ($3)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

How did I not know about the Christ Church indoor playground? That's so close, and free? Thanks!

We like the free museum at the Ellington Agricultural Center--and also the free Tennessee State Museum downtown.

Also, the Bellevue Community Center has free play mornings for preschoolers Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Ride toys, parachute and all sorts of balls provided.

Don't forget the Warner Park Nature Center, also free. Even if you don't register for one of the programs, you can spend an hour browsing a room of natural history exhibits with taxidermied animals, magnifying glasses, a kid-friendly story tree, etc.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home