MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, January 27, 2007


Missing Publix

For the past 4-5 years, I've done most of my grocery shopping at either Aldi's or Superwalmart, but I'm mourning my loss of Publix since our move to Pleasant View, TN. Their groceries, in general, cost a little bit more than my other stores, but their customer service and sales are fantastic.

They offer 'penny items' on Sundays and Mondays, where you get their mystery item for just a penny. I've picked up coffee, paper towels, toilet paper, sodas, bottled water, chips... as penny items,

They offer really good buy one, get one free sales. I use these sales to stock up on canned/frozen veges, cake/brownie mixes, cereals!, peanut butter, chicken...

They have super yummy yogurt - especially the key lime pie yogurt. The kid's 6-pack yogurts are always priced well, and I stock up on their 8oz yogurts when they go on sale. They are still 50 cents (more than I like to pay), but they taste so good!

You can sign each of your children up for the Preschool Pals or Baby Club. They send the kids cute little cards/gifts each quarter, and they send you great coupons. The new baby packs are really great, with coupons for baby wash, milicon drops, diapers, wipes, formula... The other quarterly coupons include dairy, meat, produce and juice coupons.

Their stores are clean and bright. Their produce is very fresh. They push your groceries to the car and refuse tips. Their clerks are kind and helpful.

A friend bought groceries for her son's party at Publix. She got home & realized that the 'bagger' hadn't put two bags in the cart! That was big trouble with guests set to arrive within a few hours. The manager quickly apologized and DROVE the groceries to my friend's HOUSE within the half hour. Amazing!

Enough rambling - happy shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home