MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007


Noise Busters!

My eldest son started sleeping through the night at 3 months. It took my second child 9 months to sleep through the night, because I was afraid his nighttime crying would waken our older son. I thought I was going to pull my hair out, because I was so tired!

Just before my daughter was born, my friend gave me a noise machine. Now I'm hooked! We have a noise machine in each bedroom, and I no longer worry about one child waking another. The boys don't wake up my infant during naps, and the baby doesn't wake the boys if she cries a little bit at night.

$19.88 at Walmart gives me 6 sounds to choose from and an adjustable volume. It's portable, too, so I can take it with me for naps at friend's houses or roadtrips to Grandma's house.
The baby & I are both sleeping through the night, and I am one thankful mommy!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love noise machines! They are the best invention. It's also very soothing! It's aleady on my list to register for when the time comes!

SC

10:02 AM  
Blogger It's a Mom Thing said...

My husband and I love "white noise" when we sleep. Since we were in an apt when our daughter was born, we always have used a fan in her room. Even now, we either turn on the small fan or her humidifier. I may have to invest in a noise machine, because it certainly is easier to travel with.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home