MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, January 14, 2007


What to cook?


I'm going to a potluck dinner tonight, and I have no idea what to take! I didn't realize it was a potluck 'til I went to church this morning, so I won't have time to go to the grocery store. What's in my pantry, frig & freezer?

One of my favorite cooking websites is www.allrecipes.com. It's free and easy! All the recipes are rated, so I can look at the 1-5 star ratings and see how many people have rated the recipes. I can also read the comments, to see how users have altered the recipes. I like to pick the 5 star recipes with 50+ ratings.

But for tonight, I'll use the website's ingredient search. I can tell the search engine to give me all the recipes that use x,y, and z ingredients. I can also tell it to limit the search if I don't have a certain item in my pantry. It's great, and it helps me be creative with the ingredients I have on hand.

I think I'll be cooking squash casserole. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home