MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Recycling with Craigslist

I'm a bargain shopper and I love to find new homes for things I can no longer use, so www.craigslist.com is one of my favorite tools. It's a national network of local online classified ads where people can buy and sell goods.

Buy: Goods are well-classified and easy to scan in categories such as bikes, toys, books, furniture... Posts are organized by date, so you can view products as they are posted. I've bought a ceiling fan, a booster seat, mulch and clothes.

Sell: Posting your items is easy and free. Sign in, describe your item, and price your item. It's best to post a picture, but they are not required. I've sold a sofa, a fooseball table, videos, books, clothes... I've also advertised real estate, jobs and rental properties.

Free stuff: My favorite category is the free column. These products tend to go quickly, so you have to act fast. I've seen people give away everything from entertainment centers to playground equipment to refrigerators to moving boxes.

One person's trash is another person's treasure, so recycle!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home