MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Free Fireworks!

Our family opted not to stay up 'til 10pm to watch the fireworks with 3 children ages 5 and under. It just throws us completely off schedule for the next day - which makes everyone miserable! So we lit our little sparklers and went to bed at the normal 8pm mark.

Little did I know that we would have a huge voluntary fireworks display in our driveway! We just moved into the country, and apparently everyone out here loves to set off fireworks. From 8:45-9:45 last night, my DH and I sat in the back of his pick-up truck watching fireworks pop all around our house. And these were the huge and beautiful fireworks that lit up the whole sky! It was a great romantic and spontaneous date!

Next year, we'll keep the kiddos up late for a backyard fireworks extravaganza with no cost and no traffic!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun!

We opted to stay home last year, too, since the kids were smaller. And got the same surprise! We watched it all from our back deck. This year, though, they posted signs that fireworks w/in the city limits are banned, especially with our water shortage (possibility of grass fires). So we couldn't count on the neighborhood show. The kids are bigger now, though, so it was okay.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, got interrupted and didn't finish my comment ...

I meant ... the kids are bigger now, so we did okay staying out late at the local park for the fireworks display. :-)

10:04 AM  
Blogger kddub said...

we did that too, since moving to TN. In CA where we are from, even sparklers are illegal. So we experienced quite a show out here!

8:00 AM  
Blogger kddub said...

btw I just noticed we have children nearly the same ages.... mine are 4 (turning 5 next month) 2, and 7 months.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home