MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, February 01, 2008

Dinner Tonight - Gumbo

I discovered the recipe for Boudreaux's Zydeco Stomp Gumbo a few years ago on allrecipes. I served it at a party (with the attendees including the best mommy chef I know) and it was a huge hit.

It requires more prep work than I usually do for meals (remember, I'm a 5-ingredient kind of gal), so I only make it for special occasions. Tonight's occasion - my husband has been begging for gumbo for a few weeks. Perhaps the craving has come from me talking about my upcoming workshop in New Orleans. Who knows...

So when you have a craving for good Louisiana food, you should try this recipe. With 214 reviewers giving it a 4.5 star rating, how can you go wrong?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home