MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Masking Tape = Ready for Active Fun

It was oh-so-cold in Tennessee last week, so we were struggling to find good indoor activities for rowdy young boys. While visiting my mom, she said, "Too bad they can't go play hopscotch or something." Ah ha - that triggered an idea.

I found a roll of masking tape and created a make-shift hopscotch board on the hardwood floor. I didn't make the entire box for the hopscotch square - I just put a 4" strip of tape with a corresponding number where each 'hop' should land.

My 6-year old loved the challenge of hitting the 'squares' and following the 1-1-2-1-2-1-2 pattern. My 3-year old enjoyed stepping on the numbers in sequence and counting out loud as he walked.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home