MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, January 28, 2008

House Prayers

I love Monica's post titled "Build your home on the Rock!" It includes a series of scriptures that she prayed over each room as they were building their house. She actually wrote the scriptures on the walls before they put up drywall (see right). It's too late to write on my walls, but I love the idea of walking around my house and praying scripture for my family and guests.

Praying is one of the best 'secrets' of being a mommy. It invites God to change circumstances and intervene in powerful ways. It lets other people know they are loved, as you tell them you are praying for them. But mostly, prayer molds our own hearts - it makes us attentive to God's work in our lives, which yields confidence, gratitude and faith. It reminds us that he is sovereign and goood. It reminds us to depend on HIM, not ourselves. It gives us great perspective in this hard journey of life.

So pray today. And I'll remember to pray too. :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home