MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, March 28, 2008

Date Night on the Cheap

My DH's brother and his wife took my DH and I to a wonderful birthday dinner a few months ago. We went to a fancy Phoenix restaurant, but sat in the bar during happy hour. We had a wonderful gourmet meal on the cheap and enjoyed wonderful company. They inspired me to research middle TN restaurants that offer appetizers/meals as part of their Happy Hour. Here's what I've found so far. I'd LOVE to hear of other restaurants that offer specials like these!

-------------

Mortons Steakhouse 'Bar Bites, Monday - Friday 5 - 6:30pm and 9:30 - 11pm for only $4 per plate.

Sambuca: $2 bottled beer, $3 house wine, $4 martini, 1/2 price appetizers from 4:30 - 7 pm and complimentary wine tasting from 5 - 6 pm (tasting only on the 1st Thursday of each month)

Rhythm Kitchen: Social Exchange with drink specials and free hors d'oeuvres from 5 - 8 pm

Sportsman's Grille, Half Price Select Appetizers daily from 4PM - 7PM

Tayst - 4-6 p.m., six different small plates are just $4 each. The portion-controlled palate pleasers include tempura shrimp dogs; a mini-meatball sub; cheese, olives and toast points; wings and fries; smoked salmon rolls; and shaved lamb leg. Glasses of wine are reduced by $1.50, and all well drinks are $4.

Radius 10, http://www.radius10.com/, happy hour Mon-Fri from 5-7 in the bar, but also mention the ad in The Scene for 25% off the entire menu during the same time (entrees included). Their specialty is shrimp/scallops/grits . The bar menu,is $5-7, but during happy hour, everything on the bar menu is $2 off (Tuna tartare with tomato fennel jus and avocado sorbet is $5, and seared lamb skewers with chimichurri and tzatziki sauce are $4. b They also offer two-for-one domestic beers, well drinks and house wines.

Flyte, http://www.flytenashville.com/, happy hour 4:30 -- 6:30pm, tues-sat. 1/3 off appetizers

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home