MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Hospitality Hints?

My kids/guest bath vanity doesn't have any drawers. I'd like to have a basket/bucket of sorts that holds toothbrushes, toothpaste, and maybe a hairbrush. With 3 little kids, I'd rather not use something ceramic/glass that might break. I'm afraid the area would be too moist for a basket. Do you have any ideas on something cute, practical, welcoming, and frugal?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to use an iron window box or plant holder in the bathroom lined with a fluffy towel and topped with guest extras. I'd hang it on the wall to keep it up away from little hands. I've used iron window boxes for other decorative touches around the house and they look great. I found some at an antique shop in Franklin.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Ice Cream said...

I have a guest bathroom basket but I keep it in a closet and just put it next to the guest's bed with their towel and hand cloth when they arrive. This way nothing gets messed up and it doesn't ake up room in the bathroom when we don't have guests.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

Great ideas, Christy & Ms. Ice Cream! (If you only knew how much I like ice cream too!!!)

Christy, you made me think about two decorative pieces that I might be able to re-purpose for the bathroom.

And I love the flexibility of a guest basket that I can leave in the guest's bedroom. So easy!!

I love blogging and the ability to "share and tell"!!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home