MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, March 08, 2008

More Snow - and Chocolate!

Tennessee is having crazy weather! We've been bouncing back in forth from sunshine to snow, from short sleeves to heavy coats for 6 weeks. It's March - and we just had our biggest snow of the season (3-4 inches). My husband was outside playing in the snow for 2.5 hours today - with the 3 children coming in a couple of times to warm up with hot cocoa and dry clothes. They had a blast building 4 snowmen, a 9 foot snow-worm, and a fort. They played snow baseball (hitting snowballs) and pushed my 3yr old around the yard in a big snow shovel. I had so much fun taking pictures!!

At the end of the day, they wanted to make snow cream again. After taking a few bites, the boys asked if they could try it with chocolate syrup. I almost said no (who has chocolate in snow cream??), but decided they deserved to be spontaneous and try new things. I put a few dots of syrup on the cream, and they loved it. I admit, it was good, but I prefer plain vanilla. So next time you make snow cream, try dotting it with chocolate syrup, and let us know what you think!

Happy snow night,
Ann

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I would have NEVER thought of that! We'll definitely have to try it next time!

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You surely got more snow them we saw here in town. Send me some pictures through e-mail, if you took any. We didn't really git hit at all :(

shannon

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home