MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Living on a Budget

Hillbilly Housewife is a website with a plethora of ideas for saving money in the kitchen. Their tools are pretty easy to scan for quick learning, but I could also spend an hour reading about all of their strategies. Here are some of my favorite parts of the website:

Cutting the Fat & Calories from Ground Beef
Magic Milkshakes (Frosties with no milk for a quarter!)
Emergency Menus for $45/week or $70/week (these include 3 meals & snacks!)
Healthy Thrifty Meals
Nutritious Meals at Minimal Costs
Menus to match Angel Food Ministries food boxes

So happy money-saving to you!
ann

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

This is one of my favorite sites! Those magic milkshakes are a favorite in our house. So economical!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Miranda said...

Don't you just love Hillbilly Housewife! I can't tell you how much money I have saved using her ideas. I love her flavored coffee mixes and we make the slushies and magic milkshakes several times a week during the summer!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. It's so nice to meet you!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home