MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Root Beer Float Cake

My DH clipped this recipe from a magazine (I can't remember which one.) last year & I finally made it. It was yummy & a hit for our gathering with friends this weekend. Best of all, oh so easy!!

Yellow cake mix with pudding in the mix
5oz vanilla instant pudding
1 ¼ c root beer
½ c oil
4 eggs

root beer glaze (2c confectioners' sugar with 3T root beer)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 10inch bundt pan
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Bake 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then invert. Spoon glaze over cooled cake.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Does it taste really "root beery". I don't particularly care for root beer, but my hubby likes it...and always cake. ;-) I just don't want to make a whole cake for him to eat the WHOLE thing alone!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yummy! That sounds delicous!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

The icing was more 'root beery' than the cake itself. So Stephanie, you might leave your side of the cake with less icing. The cake itself is a really moist cake with a hint of root beer.

Happy cooking,
Ann

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try

3:56 PM  
Blogger UKNat said...

Hi Ann, it's Natalie from WECC and I am reading your blog for the first time. I have a suggestion for your Hospitality Hints entry. What about a plastic container of some kind? Target or Old Time Pottery might have some things that would work and look cute. Also, they used to make Caboodles, tackle boxes for make up. I don't know if they still make them, but that might work too. I love your blog!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home