MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Finding Good Kids Books

We have a fantastic library system, but sometimes I'm overwhelmed when I see the huge selection of books for children. Where should I start? What books are high quality? What books are appropriate for which age groups? I often flip through the pages to answer these questions on my own, but it's difficult to keep track of 3 kiddos and search through library books at the same time.

My friend Shannon just gave me a solution - she found a great website for finding good children's books. KidsReads.com lists children's classics for beginner, intermediate and advanced readers. Scanning the list for beginning readers, I found familiar characters, such as Frog & Toad, Frances, Paddington, Amelia Bedelia, George & Martha, and Henry & Mudge. If you're unfamiliar with the books they list, you can look at the reader's reviews to determine if it's a good match for your family. What a great resource!! I can't wait to explore some of these with my kiddos.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home