MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, May 01, 2008

No More Holey Jeans!

Janel just posted on Frugal Hacks about a great sale at Sears. She says, "Most of their remaining winter clothing is 75% off the already discounted price of 60% off. That’s my kind of sale: picking up good quality new pieces for about 10-12% of the original price."

But there's more good news. Sears offers a great program called KidVantage. If clothing bought at Sears wears out before your child grows out of the clothes, they will replace the clothing for free. This means if those jeans get a hole in the knee (maybe that never happens at your house!), you can take them to the store to exchange for a new pair. The only catch is that you need to have your receipt and you need to register in the store for the KidVantage program. Then they'll replace the clothing item for the exact item or a similar item in the same size.

They also offer another KidVantage perk. According to the Sears website, "Every time you spend $100 on kids / infant clothing and kids / infant shoes, you will receive a coupon for 15% off your next kids / infant apparel purchase. "

Happy shopping!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie - Family Focused Fun said...

Hi! Thanks for your sweet comment on my post! You are too nice! :-) This is an interesting program through Sears. I'll have to consider that! My little guy already got his first hole in his pair of jeans!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Janel said...

I am/have been a member of KidVantage. Our local Sears isn't really friendly about doing the exchanges. I also found their more expensive jeans weren't a savings for us, because they weren't holding up as well as the cheap Wal-mart brand AND I had the hassle of making a special trip to exchange them.

I have become an expert knee patcher. :) Now my biggest knee eater can wear men's pants, which actually seem to be sturdier for the price.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home