MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Taco Soup

I first discovered this yummy recipe when my friend Jennifer brought it to me after the birth of my first son. We've been in love with the dish ever since. It's a great mommy secret, because it's made with items usually in the pantry, and it only takes a few minutes to prepare. I make it more often in the winter, but it's a great frugal recipe for Frugal Upstate's collection of frugal ground beef recipes this week. So you can save it for the colder months!

Taco Soup
1 lb ground beef
1 can kidney beans, undrained
1 can black beans, undrained
1 can corn, undrained
1 can chopped Mexican tomatoes, undrained
1.5 c water
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
toppings: chips, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, avocado

Brown beef and onion; drain.
Stir in beans and other ingredients.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15-60 minutes.
Serve with toppings on top.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Yum! You always have the best recipes!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home