MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Ideas for Breakfast and Lunch

Shannon just shared a great article with me from USA Today. It has a whole page of ideas for healthy and quick breakfasts and lunches for kids in (and out!) of school.

Here are two of the breakfast ideas that my kids would love:
•Yogurt parfait: Layer 1 cup low-fat yogurt, 1 cup berries or ¼ cup raisins, and 1 cup whole-grain cereal in a tall glass.
• Smoothie: Place 4 ounces plain low-fat yogurt, 1 cup berries or 1 medium banana, ½ cup of 1% low-fat milk and 2 ice cubes in a blender or food processor. Serve with one or two pieces of whole-grain toast.

You'll have to read the article to find out about "Banana Ants-Under-The Dog", but I don't know if I could fix those!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home