MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Notes from Angie

I just finished reading the book, "Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit", for the second time and I just love it so much. It really should be called Mothering with a Meek and Quiet spirit. I love this excerpt from her book:

The author has 8 children and she tells of one time that she was having a rough morning with her children. She walked into the bathroom and discovered an entire roll of toilet paper unrolled throughout the bathroom. She says that she sat on the floor and cried because it was the last straw of a rough morning of testing from the kids. But she states that she wishes this was her reaction instead and I just love what she says.....

"Lord, these little guys are at again. Thank you for giving them to me to love, teach, and train. Please, Lord, give me the energy I need to deal sweetly with them. Also, grant me the courage and wisdom to discipline them. I love them so much, Lord."

I just love how she says, "deal sweetly with them". I try so hard to be patient with my kiddos. I usually start out the day with a calm spirit and patient heart, but boy most days by 4:00 o'clock or so I am frazzled and my patience is gone!!!

Dear Lord, help us to deal sweetly and wisely with our children!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

I love that little prayer...I think I will post that around my house in little places I might only notice. I have lately taken to wrapping my arms around my middle child, who tests me the most, when I am disciplining her. It keeps me calm when I speak to her. Thanks a bunch for the sweet and gentle gift of encouragement.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home