MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dinner Tonight - Shrimp Skewers

I tried a new recipe tonight and we LOVED it. If you like shrimp, you need to try this recipe next time fresh/frozen shrimp is on sale!!

3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1 6oz can tomato paste
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
2 pounds shrimp with tails
skewers

1. Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a large ziplock bag, and mush to stir. Add shrimp, and massage until evenly coated. Refrigerate for 1 hour, massaging the bag periodically.
2. Spear shrimp onto skewers and grill over medium heat for 3 minutes/side.
3. Boil discarded marinade for pasta sauce, if desired.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home