MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Still cooking from the garden - Easy Tomato Tart

Friends have been sharing their bountiful tomato crops, so I've been trying to cook with tomatoes. Last weekend I made Tomato Pie for brunch. It was good, but I've found a recipe I like even better.

This is the Tomato Tart recipe that I fixed for Bible study Sunday night. It's a recipe that my friend Shannon put in our church cookbook, "The Good to Give Cookbook". The tart was easy to make and I really liked it!

1 premade pie crust
2T olive oil
2c mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2t garlic powder
1t dried basil
3-4 plum tomatoes, sliced
salt/pepper

Place pie crust in pan and brush with olive oil. Put 2c cheese in crust. Sprinkle with spices. Place tomatoes on top of cheeses and spices. Brush tomatoes with more olive oil and add salt/pepper. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.

What else do YOU like to make with summer tomatoes?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home