MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, August 15, 2008

Saving Time in the Kitchen

I love multipurpose cooking - it saves SO much time in the kitchen.

This week I broiled a chicken, then shredded it to put in the freezer for casseroles. I saved the broth and made chicken noodle soup with some of the shredded chicken. We had some for dinner, and I'll freeze some for later.

After making Shrimp Skewers a few nights ago, I had leftover spaghetti sauce and pasta. So I used the leftovers to make a chicken tetrazini. I simply mixed together the spaghetti sauce, pasta and some of the frozen chicken from earlier in the week. I added some italian seasoning, basil, oregano and garlic powder. When I cook it, I'll top the dish with monterey jack cheese. This will make a super easy dinner on a busy night in the next few weeks.

Happy time-saving cooking!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home