MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

German Pancakes

We had a yummy breakfast this morning - pancakes with strawberry syrup and peach smoothies. Such a yum-yum breakfast made me feel like a queen!

My sweetheart found ripe peaches in our community peach tree, then blended them with vanilla yogurt and a little bit of sugar for the smoothies.

Then I made regular pancakes from batter with homemade strawberry syrup. I stole the syrup recipe from the German Pancakes link below, just blending 1cup of frozen strawberries with 1.5cups of sugar, then boiling it in the microwave. The syrup was great, so next time I'll try the whole recipe from Lara at The Lazy Organizer.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home