MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Clearing House Clutter - and Sending Love Packages

My friend Rhonda just told me about a really cool ministry:

Love Packages helps people in other countries get access to the Word of God just by cleaning out our bookshelves and drawers. As you are clearing out clutter, would you gather extra Bibles, Christian books and books on tape, extra commentaries, sermons on tape, etc. (see list of needs below) and ship them to this ministry?

Here are some testimonies of those who have received the materials:

FROM UGANDA: "Tears has filled my eyes because I have been pastoring in Agona Nyakrom for the past 6 years without a good reference bible. Today I have one. Now I can quickly refer to my concordance at the back of my Bible if I have to get some scripture. The name of the Lord be praise. Pastor Samson."

FROM INDIA: "Just yesterday morning I was walking in the church compound for the prayer walk, during that time God brought one person his name Mr. Chundern who is Secretary of one big temple in our area. He came inside the compound to talk to me, I felt great surprise to see him coming to talk to me. However, I invited him to the church and had conversation, while speaking to him he said please pray that I should get peace in me and to my family, I feel that I want to suicide, but I thought to meet you before I die, so therefore I came to you. I comforted him though the word of God and by prayer, I taught him who is Jesus Christ, why he came to the world, what is the salvation, etc. after talking to him 2 hours, he surrendered his life to Jesus Christ with tears of true repentance, I gave him a New Testament bible, some of the literature of gospel that I got from you. He gave me a prayer request that God should bring his whole family from the Hindu background, and also he said that God should protect him as he is going to resign his secretary post from the temple. Because he is in fear that the Hindu group may do evil to him after he comes out of the team. Please send as much as of books, bible, DVD, commentary, etc. which is greatly helping us the ministry."

"The bibles and books I have given to the people of Burma who came to collect Christian reading materials and bibles. They walked for 4 days since there is no vehicle able road. We need more to share with Christians in Nepal as I had very few left to give them."

FROM MOZAMBIQUE: "In my churches where I minister there is a lack of spiritual food, Bibles, tracts, tapes, and so on, and there is great poverty. Some women are unable to attend day services, but only night because they lack the clothing. Concerning Bibles, people are using tract verses to make a Bible. Please help us if you can."

What kinds of materials does Love Packages mail?
Bibles (new or used): All Bibles, New Testaments, Bible portions, Individual Gospel booklets
Tracts: All tracts
Reference Books & Commentaries: dictionaries, bible dictionaries, concordances, commentaries, etc.
Books & Paperbacks: All Christian books - adult or children, fiction or nonfiction
Magazines: Any magazine from a Christian publisher.
Sunday School Supplies: We accept adult quarterlies and all teacher manuals in any amount from all publishers. We accept children's quarterlies if you have the teacher's manual and at least 8 student manuals. Please DO NOT SEND any handiwork, craft, or busy work papers.
Daily Devotionals: Upper Room, Daily Bread, In Touch, etc.
Tapes (cassette & VCR), CD's, DVD's, Records: music, movies, teaching
Puppets, Noah's Ark, Bible games, Nativity sets, biblical puzzles: most anything that helps to present the gospel
Hymnals & musicals: hymnals that are in fairly good condition

SAVE ON POSTAGE - DO NOT SEND THESE ITEMS:
Guideposts
Handiwork or busy papers from Sunday School materials
Positive Thinking materials
"Hyper-Faith" messages
Secular books (other than dictionaries)

How can I get my literature to Love Packages?
Please use sturdy boxes and pack to ensure materials will not shift. Also, please do not ship overly heavy packages. Break your shipments up into smaller boxes, preferably under 35 pounds. Since we are a non-profit organization, and since we establish libraries, you may send it 4th class library rate. This library rate should save you some money. The requirements are as follows:

"Library Rate" must be written on the same side as the address
The box must show the address of a non-profit religious organization and your return address
Boxes must contain books of more than 32 pages, sheet music, or sound recordings, and be marked accordingly.
I've found some post offices won't do the Library Rate for this but will do the Media Mail rate which is only a fraction more.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home