MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Quick and Easy Dinners: Two Part Mexican Meal

Day One - Burritos
  • Brown 2lbs ground beef.  Drain.  Add 1-1.5c salsa.
  • Cook 2 cups dry rice (white, brown or jasmine) according to package instructions.  After steaming, add the juice of 1 lime and a handful of chopped cilantro.
  • Heat 2 cans black beans (drained).  Add a handful of chopped cilantro.
  • Serve in burritos with Colby jack cheese.

Day Two - Burrito Pie
As your cleaning up dinner from day one, put together a casserole with the leftover ingredients, layering flour tortillas and Colby jack cheese with the beef, rice and beans.  Add a can of diced chiles if desired.  Heat at 350 for 30 minutes. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home