Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that you might enjoy. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!
Monday, December 03, 2012
When Does a Boy Become a Man?
I just read this article, and thought you might also enjoy it. It's a great resource to help guide us as we train up our boys to become men. Read through it, and evaluate where you are training well already, and where you need to do some additional training. Pray over your boys in these 13 areas. And make the list your own by adding other characteristics you see in Scripture and in the godly men around you.
When does a Boy Become a Man
1. SPIRITUAL MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO LEAD A WIFE
2. PERSONAL MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO BE A
RESPONSIBLE HUSBAND AND FATHER.
3. ECONOMIC MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO HOLD AN ADULT
JOB AND HANDLE MONEY..
4. PHYSICAL MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO WORK AND
PROTECT A FAMILY.
5. SEXUAL MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO MARRY AND FULFILL
6. MORAL MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO LEAD AS EXAMPLE OF
7. ETHICAL MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO MAKE RESPONSIBLE
8. WORLDVIEW MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO UNDERSTAND
WHAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT.
9. RELATIONAL MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO UNDERSTAND
AND RESPECT OTHERS.
10. SOCIAL MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO MAKE A
CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIETY.
11. VERBAL MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO COMMUNICATE AND
ARTICULATE AS A MAN.
12. CHARACTER MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO DEMONSTRATE
COURAGE UNDER FIRE.
13. BIBLICAL MATURITY SUFFICIENT TO LEAD AT SOME
LEVEL IN THE CHURCH.