MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Being Light and Love on Halloween!

How will you share Christ's love with others on Halloween night? You could host a chili dinner before trick-or-treating, drive a trick-or-treat trailer around your neighborhood, warmly greet trick-or-treaters at your door, or create a hot chocolate station. Use this day to build relationships with others, and look for opportunities to share Light and Love.

Here's the beginning of a post from Family Matters:

What is the best day of the year to get to know the majority of the people living in your neighbourhood?
It’s not Christmas Morning.
Or Easter Sunday.
Or the first day of school.
The best day of the year to build community is on Halloween.
People leave their fenced yards, their closed-in garages, and all the other necessary amenities of life that by their very nature detract from people getting to know one another, and walk about the neighbourhood.

Read the rest here...

Happy Halloween!

 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home