MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Yummy Fall Dinner: Curried Butternut Squash Soup


I love making (and eating) this Curried Butternut Squash Soup that my friend Sue Quick shared with me years ago.  It's healthy, easy, and super tasty.  And it's perfect for a crisp fall day!

3 T. margarine or butter

2 large onions, sliced

1 T. curry powder

2 large butternut squashes (3 1/2 pounds) peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2 inch cubes

2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth

1/2 t. salt

2 1/4 cups water

 Melt 2 T marg/butter over med. heat. Add onions and cook 20 min. until golden and tender, stirring occasionally. Add curry and remaining 1 T. marg/butter and cook 1 min., stirring. Add squash, broth, salt and water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until squash is very tender...at least 20 min. In blender (I use immersion blender) at low speed, blend squash mixture in small batches until very smooth. Return blended soup to pot. Heat through. Makes about 12 cups. 95 calories per cup! (c: 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home