MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, June 05, 2006


Desperate for Date Time!

For us, the cost of a night out plus babysitter usually ends up meaning we just don't go out! We would love to have regular times set aside as a couple and my friend Shannon thinks a co-op might be a feasible way to make this happen. This is the plan she has devised:

-6-8 couples are involved
-Each couple picks one Saturday night per month to "work" with another couple
-Each couple gets to then drop off their children and go out the other 2 or 3 Saturdays (depending on the # of couples who participate)
-Timing on Saturdays is 5:30 to 9:30
-Babies can go to sleep in pack-n-plays, while older children rest on mats.

The children should enjoy it as much as we will, because they get to play with their friends while we go out. I look forward to the accountability for spending quality time with my sweetheart!

If you've experimented with other co-op set-ups, I'd love to hear more. We can't wait to try it!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Geottel's tried this for a while, give them a call and see how it went.
SC

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home