MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Working From Home

After reading Amy's article on working from home, I decided to capture a few of my mommy tricks for meeting with my low-key and casual clients and business partners:

1. Meet for a walk at the park. I push the double stroller, while my 5yr old rides his bike. I carry a pad of paper & pen in the diaper bag to capture items for my to-do list. With snacks, toys & beautiful scenery, the kids enjoy the walk, while we talk.

2. Meet at the picnic shelter beside a playground. My 2.5 and 5yr olds play at the playground, while my 9mo old plays with toys in the stroller.

3. Meet at the YMCA. If you are a member, you can put your children in childcare, while you meet in the Y-Cafe or walk on the treadmills together.

Working at home needs to fit with your family's lifestyle, so combining work with playtime and exercise time is a great bonus!

P.S. If you don't read Amy's blog, add her to your reading list. Her website and her blog are full of great ideas for living a full life on a low budget!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home