MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Apple Oatmeal

I grew up loving Quaker's apples & cinnamon oatmeal packets, but my mom just taught me a new way to make them. When she's following the Weight Watchers diet, she eats oatmeal for breakfast every morning. Sometimes she adds apples. So we started dicing apples into our oatmeal, before microwaving it. Then we add brown sugar on top (or Splenda brown sugar). It's easy, healthy and yummy for moms that need to fill their bellies for a hard morning's work.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra said...

Yum! We make our oatmeal from scratch as well. I use cinnamon, honey and frozen blueberries on my oatmeal, and then pop it into the microwave with some milk for three minutes.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home