MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Learning at Home

Letter Factory has been a big hit with my youngest son. The Letter Factory Video is one of his favorite movies, and at 2.5 years old, he is gaining a great grasp on letters and phonics. He can't sing the traditional alphabet song, but he knows the Letter Factory song with all the letter sounds. Very funny!

We're also enjoying the Letter Factory Game that's in the picture. It teaches letter recognition, phonics, counting, and letter sequences.

Well, I thought this was going to be a quick blog, but I'm realizing how many Leapfrog items we have in our house. Other products we particularly enjoy: The Phonics Radio and the Fridge Phonics Letter Set

We believe in learning through play. We don't usually sit down to "learn". But we do a lot of "learning" thorughout our days through cooking, walking, driving, shopping, playing, and cleaning. It's so fun to see a little one's mind start to develop!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

We love LeapFrog products too!! My 6 year old learned all her letters & letter sounds from the Letter Factory as well. I recommended it to two other families whose children learned it also. We also have the Talking Words Factory & the Storybook Factory. We had the Fridge Phonics thing until my {then 15 month old} would periodically throw away the letters.

I love that we "learn" through real life too!!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! Very timely for both my little ones. I'll check into the Letter Factory.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home