MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, October 22, 2007

Meaningful Gifts

My mom loves painted tshirts and sweatshirts that reflect the seasons. I started painting them for her 15 years ago, so she has accumulated quite a collection. Since last Christmas, she's lost 50 lbs through Weight Watchers (go mom!!!), so none of her shirts fit her anymore.

So I surprised her with a new fall shirt for her birthday. For the first time, I included a scriptural message on the bottom of the design, so she could silently affirm and encourage others throughout the day.

I forgot to take a picture of the full shirt, but you can at least see the design. The little strips on each side of the picture are masking tape, which secure the shirt to the countertop during painting.

Happy FALL!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home