MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Free Rice

I just found a really creative website through Sunshine's School. TheFreeRice site gives you a chance to test your vocabulary skills (mine are terrible!), and donate rice to hungry people around the world. That's a much better incentive than standardized tests!

You could use this site:
  • for a homeschooling lesson
  • practicing for the ACT/SAT
  • on a date with your spouse when the kids go to bed
  • just for fun
If you click on their FAQ button, you can also read more about hunger and poverty around the world. The more we know, the more likely we are to take action in little and big ways.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

We spent WAY too much time playing that vocabulary game together. Way too much.

At least we donated a lot of rice! Thanks!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home