MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Mommy Secret = Mommy Fellowship

Not just play group fellowship (which is also great), but deep life-sharing fellowship grounded in Scripture and prayer. School@Home just wrote a post about her prayer and encouragement group.

For years I stayed away from women's groups because women can be so caddy and gossipy. The women in small group Bible study have given me a fresh perspective on the power of women gathering together. My 2.5 years with them has been a HUGE blessing.

We have studied scripture so deeply through inductive Bible studies in the Old and New Testament. We have provided meals for one another during times of trial. We have supported on another through the births of 10 babies and the miscarriage of one baby. We have loved a mom with an autistic child and the single mother of an adopted son. We have seen job changes, house floods, moves across the city, and school scares. We have prayed for one another, cried with one another, and rejoiced triumphantly.

I've moved 35 minutes away from my small group, so I'm trying to find a similar fellowship with women closer to my house. I went for my first Bible study (Beth Moore - Daniel) at a church close to my house on Tuesday, and I enjoyed my time there. The 7 women range from 33-75, so the intergenerational mix will be a great learning opportunity for all of us.

I pray that you also will find a group of women for fellowship, Bible study and prayer. It will strengthen your faith, and allow you to share your faith with others.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home