MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Extreme Home Makeover for a Family in Need

Marcy Payne helped start Happy Tales Humane, a wonderful no-kill animal shelter in Franklin, TN. Marcy was diagnosed in 2000 with Lou Gehrig's disease, which kills 50% of it's victims within 3 years. She has chosen to live, and is still doing so 7 years later. She is a mom to 2 children, now ages 13 & 18, and while she is still very much alive, she is a quadriplegic on a
ventilator, and lives in a hospital bed in their living room. They have what would otherwise be considered a nice home in Franklin, but it is not at all handicap accessible, and their lives are very difficult.

They live on prayer and donations. Rob quit his advertising job to take care of her 24 hours a day (they are one of the best examples I have seen of "for better or worse") and while they feel lucky that they have not lost their home, they are also certainly not in a position to make needed handicap upgrades.

Rob has decided to petition Extreme Home Makeover for help and he is currently working on the video application. They need thousands of signatures to help stand out from the thousands of other applicants, and right now they have around 4500. If you have not already done so, if you would consider signing their petition I know they would really appreciate it, and if you would pass it along to anyone else who might be willing to quickly sign, that would be great. It only takes about 30 seconds. Thank YOU!!!

You can also read their story at www.everydayisprecious.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home