MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Ghostly Jugs

I found these cute little ghosts in Family Fun Magazine (which I love!). If your house is like mine, you always have empty milk jugs, so it's nice to recyle them into an easy & cute craft.

We haven't put the lights in the jugs yet, but the boys had fun painting the faces on the jugs.

I love fun Halloween crafts and decorations! And I've loved looking through the holiday ideas that all of Scribbit's readers have shared!

**Update**
We finished our jugs today, and 5 of them are happily sitting on the porch. They look so bright and cheery! They were easy easy to make and totally free. The hardest part was cutting the light holes with the exacto knife, and finding rocks to weigh down the jugs. This is a GREAT project for ages 2-10!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Grandmother Wren said...

Aren't these the cutest? We'll definitely be making them, but the faces will have to be cheerful - Maya is being easily "spooked" this year!

Thank you for your kind comments at Grandmother Wren's. You've reminded me that I need to start my new Link List.
(guess who the first link is?)
http://grandmotherwren.blogspot.com/2007/09/games-kids-play.html

6:04 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Those are so cute! I would have never thought to use those for that purpose. Great idea!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Ice Cream said...

I have like a bazillian empty milk cartons so this is perfect for me. I also like that it is easy enough for kids to do alone. Thanks.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love this idea. You did a nice job on the faces.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Those are really cute--I'm going to start saving the milk jugs :)

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home