MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

God Knows Best

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey...
I asked for health, that I might do great things,
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things...
I asked for riches, that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, that I might be wise...
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God...
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things...

I got nothing I asked for, but everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among men, most richly blessed!”


Roy Campanella


I love that poem. It makes me laugh when I think about our week. My eldest son (5) vomited several times Saturday night. My husband and I prayed for his healing and our family's health. I was naseaus all day yesterday and a little bit sick. Then my middle child threw up last night. Dare I continue to pray for health?

Lessons learned with toddlers vomiting:
Keep a bowl by the bed, in case they can't make it to the toilet.
Put a towel over their pillow & sheets for middle of the night clean up.
Wake up your spouse - one of you can clean, while the other one comforts the frightened child.
Lysol is one of your best friends.
Wash hands, wash arms, wash faces, wash toys. AND PRAY!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ice Cream said...

I love that poem. I do the same things when my kids are sick. I have even learned to keep a stack of empty Cool Whip containers in our car (under the seats) for when they get sick on road. They have come in handy many times.
p.s. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I love meeting new bloggers.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Good tips for sick kiddos. I like to use an ice cream bucket instead of a bowl, though, and toss it in the trash if I don't want to deal with it. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm having fun reading yours!

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home