MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Energy Bills

Did you know that you can improve energy efficiency and conserve energy by timing the use of your household energy? According to the Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation, we should try not to use electricity - especially for dishwashers, washing machines and clothes dryers - between 2pm-8pm. That's when energy demand peaks, so that's when it's most expensive to distribute power. They also have a list of 20 more ways to conserve energy.

I can do my laundry and dish-washing in the mornings and evenings - can you?
With natural sunlight, I can leave most of my lights off during the day - can you?

The little things add up, so let's do our part!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home