MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Yummy, Healthy and Easy!

I found this recipe for Ratatouille Pasta at allrecipes. Since my boys loved the movie Ratatouille this summer, I thought it might be a good way to sneak new veges into their bellies. Our plans changed a little bit, but my hubby & I LOVED the dish. It's very pretty, and we will serve it for guests in the future. It was even better when paired with a yummy glass of wine!

INGREDIENTS
2 cups diced peeled eggplant
2 cups sliced zucchini
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups uncooked spiral pasta (I used fettucine tonight)
1 cup sliced onion (I used 1/2 cup)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I'll add more next time)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Dash pepper
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Place eggplant and zucchini in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes; rinse and drain well.

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the eggplant, zucchini and onion in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese on top, then cover until the cheese melts. Serve over pasta.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds yummy!

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home