MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Free Pumpkins


Meredith at LikeMerchantShips made the cutest pumpkin topiaries with her son this week. Here's the finished product, but she has a great picture tutorial on her blog.

I'm babysitting for a friend this weekend, so I have 5 children ages 5 and under in the house. With an artsy friend coming to help tomorrow, we might tackle this project together!

If you don't read Meredith's blog regularly, you should definitely consider adding her to your bloglines. I always look forward to her daily posts on entertaining, cooking and decorating on a shoestring budget!

**Update**
We made the topiaries today, and they are super cute. We made them out of pizza boxes (thanks for the suggestion, Meredith), painted partly with Crayola paint for the 2 year olds, and partly with acrylic paints for the 5 year olds & adults. We stapled them to a yardstick and they're sitting on our front porch. It was a lot of work, so I sprayed them with varnish to help them keep for future years.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

That might work out well--6 pumpkins total equals one for each kid to paint plus an extra.

Old pizza boxes (saved from ball game) make good material.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Home Ec 101 aggregator.

-Heather

5:50 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I thought those were so cute! You should post some pictures of yours!!! Very nice!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home