MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Ravioli Casserole

My friend Misty first introduced me to Ravioli Casserole, when she brought me a dish after my daughter was born. (Have I mentioned what a HUGE blessing it is when people share meals with new moms???) My family loved it, and I've since created my own version of the yummy dish. If your family likes Italian food, I bet this will be a hit for your family too! My DH gave me a huge compliment last night, deeming it restaurant quality food. I love it when he says that!

It's also an easy meal to double - one for now & one for the freezer for later! So we prepared one last night for Jennifer's family, who's 4-year old son is undergoing chemotherapy. It's so hard to support one struggling through something like cancer, but cooking is a practical way to help. Best of all, preparing a meal reminds us to pray for our loved ones as they struggle.

The Recipe:

1 pound ground beef
1 (25 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli, cooked and drained
1.5 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup chopped mushrooms
2/3 cup diced green peppers
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease, then add the peppers, mushrooms and seasonings – sauté for a 4-5 minutes. Then stir in the spaghetti sauce and tomatoes.

Make a layer of sauce, ravioli, cheese (both kinds). Repeat layer, ending with sauce on top. Cover with aluminum foil.

Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top before serving.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I have not tried this yet, but I have heard so many raves about it. My husband doesn't like real lasagna (my family has strange taste), but I bet he would go for this :) Thanks for a great recipe!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home