MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Mexican Baked Fish

My sister shared this recipe with me a few years ago. It's different than the usual fish recipe and we really enjoy mexican food, so this recipe has been a hit. My 6yr old son walked into the house tonight, saying "It smells great, Mom". Those are rare words from him, so my face was beaming as I finished dinner. Best of all, it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and I usually have all the ingredients on hand.

1 1/2 lbs cod or white fish (boneless)
1 cup medium Pace picante sauce
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup coarsely crushed corn chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking dish.
Lay fillets side by side in the prepared baking dish. Pour the salsa over the top, and sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese. Top with the crushed corn chips.
Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes with a fork.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home