MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Family Fun Jar

I thought you would love this family fun idea from my friend Shannon:

For several years, our family has done a summer "Fun Jar" where we put activities that we want to do over the summer into a jar and draw them out weekly to choose that week's fun. After we draw the week's activity, we e-mail friends to let them know of the upcoming event. We have found this is a great way to see friends throughout the summer (and it keeps me accountable to make sure I build enough "fun" into our summer!).

Here are the activities that the girls and I have come up with so far:

Cheekwood
Picnic and swimming at the lake
Frist Center
Bicentennial Mall
Sprayground
Warner Nature Center Event
Free Movie at Regal or Franklin
Centennial park picnic, playground, feeding ducks
Shelby Bottoms walk & picnic
Sevier Park playtime with trip to Las Paletas
Zoo
Discovery Center
Blueberry picking

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home