MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, July 04, 2008

Summer Fun - Clang Clang

Clang Clang is a good inside game, for times when you & the kiddos need a break from the summer heat. Here are the simple directions:

Gather an assortment of 10 unbreakable items that will make various sounds when dropped onto an aluminum pie tin (pen, spoon, plastic cup, matchbox car). Set up a barrier (chair with a sheet, door...) so that the kids cannot see the items you are dropping into the pie tin.

Give each child a pen & paper. Ask them to # their papers 1-10, then try to guess the items that you drop. You might do a second round with the same objects, giving them a simple clue (something you write with, something you eat with...) to help them identify the object.

Then reveal the clues and give each child a treat for trying their best. The favorite treat in my family is bubble gum!

This is a good game to teach concentration and problem-solving.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home