MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Purposeful Living

I drove through our little local coffee shop, Java Jacks, to get a chai for my sweetheart this morning. Posted on their drive through window was a great scripture that jumped out at me. Here is Eph 1:11 from the Message:

It's in Christ that we find out
who we are
and
what we are living for.
Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up,
he had his eye on us,
had designs on us for glorious living,
part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.

What great affirmation for moms! God works his purposes in us and in our children each day. He knew before we were born what glorious plans he had for our lives and he designed us to perfectly bring those plans to fruition. What an awesome and personal God we have! So go find a few quiet minutes to spend with your Heavenly Father, and ask him to continue to reveal who you are in Christ and what you are to live for. I think He will be delighted to answer you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home