It's very quick to put together, it's very healthy, and it's very yummy! It was a hit for adults and kiddos in our family tonight.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, minced (double this)
• 1 cup dry bread crumbs
• 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (add a little more)
• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture.
4. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
5. Sprinkle with garlic powder or garlic salt.
6. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.