MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, December 04, 2008

A Mission to Serve - Life in the Church

Two of my friends planted Fellowship Church Louisville a couple of years ago. They have a great vision for serving others. Listen to this paragraph from their newsletter:

"We constantly pray that one of the hallmarks of our church will be service. But, not just service for service's sake, service that builds relational bridges to our community through which the message of the Gospel can be shared. We desire for our service to be a demonstration of the love of God that opens doors for His message to be declared to our community."

So their November service project involved partnering with Here's Life Inner City (Campus Crusade's inner city ministry) and other Louisville churches to provide Thanksgiving dinner to almost 900 families in the city. But it wasn't your typical dinner delivery. Each of the 900 families took a spiritual interest survey before the boxes were delivered, so the Gospel could be presented in a meaningful way when families delivered the boxes.

Their prayer is "that this would be a time where people both see and hear God's love. Ask God to use the Boxes of Love to meet the physical needs of those in the depressed area of our city and that large numbers of people would come to Christ and get plugged into local churches."

If you want to know more, visit www.fellowshiplouisville.org.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home