MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wrapping Wrapping Wrapping

I've been blessed to be at my mom's house with the kids for almost a week. My DH doesn't get to be here the whole time, but we're having fun on the farm. Since my mom had foot surgery Friday, I've been helping her wrap family gifts. It has me thinking about wrapping tips, so I thought I'd type them out:
  • Wrapping Times: during naps or after the kids go to bed. I usually wrap for 30-60 minutes at a time, so it doesn't get overwhelming.
  • Wrapping Station: dining room table (I leave a station with wrapping paper rolls, tape, scissors, and gift tags)
  • Wrapping Environment: Christmas movies or Christmas music. My parents have Direct TV, so we've been enjoying the plethora of new and classic Christmas movies.
  • Gift Tags: when I'm feeling creative, I recycle old Christmas cards into gift tags. This year, I've been spoiled by my mom's gift tag stickers. It's a little thing - but they seem to save so much time!!
  • Gift Boxes: save them year to year, so you have plenty on hand.
  • Recycling fun: my kids are having a good time pretending that the empty wrapping paper rolls are light sabers. Instant (and free!) Star Wars fun!
  • Wrapping Help: Everything is better when shared with a friend! If you can wrap with your DH, a parent, or a friend, you get to share stories and build relationships while wrapping. It's a great perk!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home